Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Throw rocks at them

I was talking to my Norwegian best friend this morning, I was telling her about Toti. Jan and I have been friends since Toti was very young. I told her about Toti's situation. She's horrified. "Ah what!," she loudly screamed in my ears. And then after explaining to her about it, she said, " She deserves better. Get her to throw rocks at them, forget about them, and get on with her lovely self!" You see, Jan had been married 3 times already. We've became friends via the internet. We shared lot of stories, her marriage to an accountant at work,(she's also an accountant/auditor). They got divorced after a year. Then she got married again after a year, to a Swedish lawyer-accountant, then got divorced, then just this morning, she informed me that she's getting married(again, for the third time) to an accountant/shipyard manager. All I had to say was "Ah, okay, hmm, okay. Really? okay". Then, with my cheeky mind, I said, "You change husband like you're just changing oil in your car." We lol. "Ah, guys are just 2 for 5 cents,"she exhorts. "To me, if they start misbehaving, throw them out of the door. Adios, me amore!" she added. "A woman's life should not revolve around a man, not worth it." Hmmmm...maybe sometimes.

No comments: