Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The darn engagement...

The announcement by Caleb of their engagement at the dinner evening was good let down for us. First, we thought it was just a dinner. No one, neither Toti, nor Caleb said to us about the plan. Probably because they already know what we have to say. It wasn't shocking to me because I had a premonition, and this has confirmed it. Toti's dad was really traumatized by it. He wasn't happy at all. Both too young, too unsettled, too emotionally wrecked from past ex's. I call it 'rebound' relationship. I asked Toti about it, she said, maybe. Then she confessed to her Dad that she is still hurting from her brake-up with Marcus. Caleb was(or still), is hurting from Suzanne's. So they had each other's sympathy, and shoulder to cry on.It's sad. For us, it's an irresponsible move. They can't be in-love with each other while the hurt is still there. Just like putting a bandage where it hurts, but the scar will still be fresh for months. Little corny, but it's the reality. I knew Toti was really hurt, but she's a strong girl, I know she can survive everything. And getting into another relationship is not a cure for dano del corazon. Caleb is a very nice guy, his parents are very nice, too, like Marcus' s parents, but for him to tie Toti up without her full consent(only a compromise) is wrong. We don't agree with it.

No comments: