This year, I found my Jewishness. I felt better I finally came out from a belief I wasn't blessed with. It was a strange feeling that since I was very young, my mind was never prepared to accept my Christian upbringing. Christmas and Easter didn't sink in with me. I defied to believe that any son of my God had to be sacrificed because of my sins. And that I resent even then that I have sinned before I was even born. Seriously!. I know that there is only One God. I talk to Him, cry to Him, and that I know that He Himself forgives my sin, not through any son, or intermediaries. I am happier, and felt like I've 'come home.' I don't miss my fav meat...pork! Not healthy anyway. My BP has never gone up to the pack. Only thing is, I won't be able to attend any Christian weddings, even Toti's(not worried about it, 'cause I don't really want her to be engaged yet let alone be married, Yikes!), until she's old enough(about 31 maybe, 32, ok?). And I can't attend any Christian funerals. Life with religion has so many do's and dont's. But that's what life all about. Cry me a river...
Anyway, when Toti was in the primary school, I wanted her to attend Kadima School. But we live outside the city area, a bit too far from the Jewish school. And Toti was concerned she won't be able to eat her favourite ham and bacon sandwich.!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment